Wednesday 22 January 2014

11 second club, key poses and animation test shots

I decided to do the man punching a baby to appeal to a darker sense of humour. Also to build suspense as the close up of a baby appears very innocent, only the scene to be violated with such violence.

Over christmas I began the task of filming myself perform each scene; acting out the ‘cute baby’ scene, punching a teddy bear and practicing a macho walk. I then used these videos as reference and began to animate. My first challenge was with the moo moo rig; unfortunately i could not get it to key frame and after much searching on the internet for a solution decided to not use it. Instead i scaled down the morpheous rig to use as a baby. I then started to animate getting a fraction done before encountering my next problem: having no character sets to keyframe all attributes. To combat this i used the ‘All’ button that comes with the Rig. Unfortunately this button only worked for the baby and not the ‘macho’ character. This meant i only animated the baby until i could get further help.

When i came back after christmas i got help from my tutor Georg. He showed me how to create a character set correctly. I then continued to animate


On the 5th of January i handed in my key poses, live action vid test, animation tests.


No comments:

Post a Comment